Why Think Local First in the Wilton Maine Area?
Have you ever thought about where you spend your money, and where it goes afterward? With the support of our local businesses, The Wilton Group has launched a “Think Local First” campaign. “Think Local First” is a campaign which aims to show how you can make a difference locally by taking a minute to think where you spend your money.
Take a Look at Your Shopping Habits
We all make decisions with where and how we spend, but we don’t all take the following questions into consideration:
• Do I shop at local businesses when possible?
• Do I buy my groceries from a locally owned market or supermarket?
• Do I eat fresh, locally grown vegetables?
• Do I buy fresh meats, poultry, and cheeses from local farms and markets?
• Do I eat at local restaurants?
• Do I get my oil changed at an independently owned garage?
• Do I refer friends and family to local businesses?
• Do I purchase gifts from local shops?
• Do I purchase gift certificates from local businesses as presents for family and friends?
• Do I use a local bank?
The list goes on and on and you can see these are not difficult questions. Many of us tend to think that it does not make a difference whether we stop at the store down the street or at the super-store across town, but we assure you it does! FOr instance, check out the Top 10 Reasons to Shop Locally to learn more.
Our goal is to publicize the values provided by community-based businesses and their importance to the local economy. Together we can prevent the displacement of community-based businesses and promote a vibrant and healthy local economy. We are looking to residents and businesses for their support as we “Think Local First”.
To help you shop locally, The Wilton Group has created a searchable “yellow pages” directory for Wilton, found in the Business and Community Directory.Take a look through the Directory for goods and services. We think you will be surprised at what you can buy locally!
Want to Learn More About What Wilton Has to Offer?
Check out our easily searchable directory of local businesses.
You can also contact The Wilton Group if you're interested in volunteering or donating to our cause!